paph Angela

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Corbin

No I do not have a picture yet.

I have a question, as I know Krull Smith was having a sale and I know several of you bought one, or more. Does anyone else have one that is going to have more than one flower on the spike?

My avatar is my Paph Angela from Krull-Smith. It has a small second bud behind the bloom. I got mine from them about 8 mos. ago. This is the first bloom for it. The second bud is very small yet... I'll post a picture showing it, if you want. It didn't bloom out the way I expected, but it's pretty, non the less.

The one that I posted a week or so ago has another bud about to open. I have a second Paph Angela about to open and I think it will have 3 blooms eventually.

Ed,

I hope you don't mind that I'm adding a few photos to your thread. I received my order of Paph. Angela from Krull-Smith over a week ago. I purchased three of them. The first one is the furthest along in bud development. It also has a second growth starting and I just this morning noticed a third one on the other side.

IMG_0026a.jpg

Close-up of the bud:

IMG_0028a.jpg

The second one has wider leaves:

IMG_0029a.jpg

And there is just the faintest of purple blushing on the base of the leaves:

IMG_0030a.jpg

The third one has me the most excited. There is no purple blushing on the base of the leaves and the stem is whiter than the other two. There also is a second bud forming behind the first one:

IMG_0034a.jpg

I hadn't even thought to look for a second bud until I read this thread. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing these flowers fully open!

Best Regards,
Nik

That third one looks extremely yummy!! The one on the back of this months' ORCHIDS magazine, in the Krull-Smith ad is devine!

So having more than one flower on a spike is not uncommon. That is good to know.
I take it Nik that you like the lighter colored ones.

The K-S Paph. Angela that I brought home from the WOC in January hadn't budded up yet at the time I got it, but it ended up producing 3 flowers on its first inflorescence. The second flower opened about a week after first and they were open for several weeks. A couple weeks after the first two fell off, a third flower opened and bloomed for almost a month. Incredible shape, color and size on the first two flowers while the third was a bit dwarfish with shape and color every bit as good as the first two.

Seems pretty common for this hybrid. My 30 year old Paph. Angela 'Maybrook', HCC/AOS often produces 2-3 successive flowers per inflorescence.

These pics I took this morning showing the second bud on mine. (It's upside-down!) :wink:

Attachments

• Imgp2881.jpg
    Imgp2881.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Imgp2882.jpg
    Imgp2882.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 14
I especially like the way this thread rubs it in for those of us who weren't lucky [quick] enough to take advantage of the offer; thanx lots! :rolleyes:

U cannot imagine how busy I am!
Last week and weekend schedule:
Work Monday - Thursday [Model rr club show prep Tues night - 11PM, practice weds night 7PM-Midnight]
Take off Friday to do rr show prep 3PM-saturday 8pm!
go home sat night, return to rr show prep Sunday noon till Monday 5AM-back to work...
The week before was tournament prep, we stalemated 2/3 games in finals and only got 3rd place! :mad:

Back