Paph. adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats for that culture success and thanks for sharing this beauty with us!

If we could get them in the US I would grow adductum like I grow roths, I'm so jealous seeing how abundant they are in Asia.

Last edited:
I agree, “if we could get them” I’d like to give em a try.
Also, very nice, thanks for the pic.

I managed to get one from Popow a couple of years ago, had one other but it crashed and burned after it bloomed. At some point I'm just going to have to jump through the hoops and import flasks.

Attachments

• 20191007_133651.jpg
    20191007_133651.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191007_132118.jpg
    20191007_132118.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 16
I managed to get one from Popow a couple of years ago, had one other but it crashed and burned after it bloomed. At some point I'm just going to have to jump through the hoops and import flasks.
I had one too. But it was obvious it was not grown from seedling. It flowered once then the plant just don't want to grow or survive. I still have it but the new growth is becoming smaller. It's difinitely looking for something. Back in Surigao, Phils, I saw these plants planted on the soil in a plastic container and they grow.

So, adductum is just like anitum in that they are very slow? How do they compare to sanderianum?
Perhapy trying a whole flask might be the answer and hope that rare decent grower? Someone here shared one that only took 5 years from flask to bloom, which is great for just about any paphs in general.

So, adductum is just like anitum in that they are very slow? How do they compare to sanderianum?
Perhapy trying a whole flask might be the answer and hope that rare decent grower? Someone here shared one that only took 5 years from flask to bloom, which is great for just about any paphs in general.
Adductum are generally bigger than anitum. They have longer leaves. Anitum leaves tends to be wider but shorter and are also dark green. They grow shadier.
My info is that adductum grows on top of two different soil structure. One that has serpentinite and the other has red soil most likely with iron oxides. These areas are being mined for nickel as of the present. But adductums are still abundant in areas not mined. Anitum comes from a different location and maybe under forested areas with lots of dead leaves.

Adductum are generally bigger than anitum. They have longer leaves. Anitum leaves tends to be wider but shorter and are also dark green. They grow shadier.
My info is that adductum grows on top of two different soil structure. One that has serpentinite and the other has red soil most likely with iron oxides. These areas are being mined for nickel as of the present. But adductums are still abundant in areas not mined. Anitum comes from a different location and maybe under forested areas with lots of dead leaves.
Would adding iron oxide or serpentine rocks to media help adductums grow better?

Latest posts

Back