Paph. adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adductum are generally bigger than anitum. They have longer leaves. Anitum leaves tends to be wider but shorter and are also dark green. They grow shadier.
My info is that adductum grows on top of two different soil structure. One that has serpentinite and the other has red soil most likely with iron oxides. These areas are being mined for nickel as of the present. But adductums are still abundant in areas not mined. Anitum comes from a different location and maybe under forested areas with lots of dead leaves.
I can tell somthing about anitum and adductum from wild. I have a chance to import some adductum and anitum from the place where they live 4-5 years ago. The plant size is: anitum generally bigger with wider and darker greenish leaves, one of the anitum plants has 40cm for ONE leave; adductum’s size is generally smaller, with narrower leaves and lighter green.

I can tell somthing about anitum and adductum from wild. I have a chance to import some adductum and anitum from the place where they live 4-5 years ago. The plant size is: anitum generally bigger with wider and darker greenish leaves, one of the anitum plants has 40cm for ONE leave; adductum’s size is generally smaller, with narrower leaves and lighter green.
Interesting, I have seen selected adductums from wild and they were quite large. I have yet to see anitums from the wild. I'm afraid they are almost gone due to deforestation and illegal activities. But I will check on that soon.
Thanks

Back