Paph. adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Ibn!! This is definitely one of the trickiest species to grow. I got one to bloom this year, and I selfed it, recently harvested the seeds, and then it seemed to go downhill right afterwards. Still alive, but I lost the new growth and it does not look good.
Do you have any specific culture tips for this one? More air... strict seasonal dryout....

I water every 4 days so they do have time to dry a bit. But I think setting seed is taxing to a plant especially single growth ones.

Thanks Ibn. Yes, perhaps it was not a big enough clump. There was a small new growth, mature growth in bloom, and one leaf remaining on the oldest growth. Hopefully it pulls through. I've sown the seeds as insurance :)
Great pics BTW!

Attachments

• 20190526_090435.jpg
    20190526_090435.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 32
Looks great Dan. FWIW, my potting mix is much finer than the ones in your pot.
Good to know. Yes, it did look great back in late May when it bloomed :) Some roots are still ok, but I'm down to 2 growths with 1 leaf each left, and a tiny little nubbin of a start. Fingers crossed.
Glad to see these are doing well for you! Keep it up!

Latest posts

Back