• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Per

Reaction score
Anyone have one that can or needs to move to VA? Come on, you know it's almost spring here; an adductum will love it! Seriously, if anyone has a nice one to sell, please let send me a PM. I just got adductum fever.:p

I have read quite a bit lately about a very dark form of adductum called anitum. I have even seen some hybrids using it. Does anyone know if it is recognized by RHS? I believe it has been described as a seperate species but I also know sometimes these things take time to "stick" and sometimes they don't. Any info?

Sam (Orchid Inn) may have some divisions, but if he does they will probably run from 300-750.00

kmarch said:
I have read quite a bit lately about a very dark form of adductum called anitum. I have even seen some hybrids using it. Does anyone know if it is recognized by RHS? I believe it has been described as a seperate species but I also know sometimes these things take time to "stick" and sometimes they don't. Any info?

I believe that Paph anitum is now considered a variety of Paph adductum. It has larger and darker flowers than the typical Paph adductum. For registration purposes, RHS considers it as a seperate species from Paph adductum. There is no doubt that they are closely related.

Wow! Thanks for the swift reply from everyone. I think that I have the situation under control.

All the best,
Per:)

I have a small "delenatii x anitum". I have no idea what it is going to look like, and I guess I have to wait a few years until I know :)

Latest posts

Back