Paph Addicted Philip x roth 'New Horizon'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Unpack it yesterday. I was becoming a bit nervous thinking it would be wrapped up mush. FedEx had it for 10 days but it looks fine, yesterday and today. Bought it off of Dale, Austin Creek Orchids through Ebay.
Anyways, you know how you conjure up in your head what the flowers will look like. I'm thinking from this pairing it would look like a dark St Swithin. I'm curious who agrees and who doesn't and if not what is your thoughts?

The first pic is a screen shot of the eBay listing Screenshot_20210307-173735_eBay.jpg20210309_163307.jpg20210309_163323.jpg

I'm curious! It should be close to Wössner Black Wings...
You might be right Musa. My thinking Addicted Philip, the good ones look like philippinense on steroids giving this hybrid a more flame shaped 🔥 dorsal rather then round. Hopefully anitum and roth can over come philie's tendency to washout the pouch color.

The buds look great. Given this is a secondary hybrid involving three species, there will be some variation. A lot will look darker St Swithins but many won't. The more influence from roth and anitum the better.

I agree David

Happy,
Dale does but they are pricey. In the past he would typically post after the first bud had opened getting one fired up to make that bid. Now the risk is greater!

Maybe I'll name it Velociraptors if it survives. The plant is showing travel stress! I contacted Dale with pics and he immediately refunded my money! What a Great Ebayer! I immediately turned around and re- spent the money on another one of his plants! LOL.20210316_075107.jpg20210316_075111.jpg

Latest posts

Back