Paph. acmodontum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordulus

Reaction score
Good ol' reliable. I got this one from Orchid Dynasty down in Salt Lake City a few years ago, as a single-growth blooming size plant. Since then, it's been blooming like clockwork and always putting out strong growths. It currently has three mature growths and is working on a fourth this year - I'm hoping that the rhizome splits at some point so that the plant can become a specimen.

Currently growing in a sphag/bark/perlite mix in a plastic pot, with packing peanuts as crocking on the bottom. The plant sits in bright, indirect light most of the day and gets a 1-2 hours of brighter light in the evening.

WP_20210508_19_21_23_Pro.jpgWP_20210508_19_22_21_Pro.jpgWP_20210529_12_22_23_Pro.jpgWP_20210508_19_22_33_Pro.jpg

Nicely bloomed. Wait for a specimen size and it will blow all competitors away!

Thanks!

It's definitely taking its sweet time getting there! Something tells me I'm going to be waiting at least four more years for that to happen.

You can cut the rhizome and just do not disturb the roots. That should allow a new plant to start on both pieces. Some Kelp Max could help as well.
You are dividing the plant with out re-potting it.

Great bloom with nice colors? Does the tag say anything about the parent clones?

Unfortunately, the tag on this one does not list its parentage. It's entirely possible that there were some named clones in its ancestry, given the bloom quality.

Latest posts

Back