Paph. A-doribil Niverich

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
niveum x richardianum

I've never seen coloration quite like this in a Paph before.

Paph_A-doribilNiverich.jpg

Wow!!! I must admit that I am not a fan of richardianum...but this looks really great! Take care, Eric

I've got one too, but almost killed it by rotting the roots.
This cross seems to be very consistant. Mine looks very much like yours. I don't know if I have a picture of it, but it's very similar.
They're very pretty.

Craig

That color can only come from Paph. richardianum which has a purplish color.

Great!

Ramon:)

Hmmm -- well, there are some flaws. Nothing is quite centered, and there are some linear spots with no color on the petals. The judges would probably pass on it.

I can see those minor flaws. (Or you've got a good camera angle to reduce them) Do you know what kind of award history this hybrid has?

There are not allot of richardianum around. I suspect this is a pretty uncommon cross.?? It's not FCC quality, but if the award history is short, I bet it could break into AM territory with the flaws. Another bud on the way too!

I can see those minor flaws. (Or you've got a good camera angle to reduce them) Do you know what kind of award history this hybrid has?

There are not allot of richardianum around. I suspect this is a pretty uncommon cross.?? It's not FCC quality, but if the award history is short, I bet it could break into AM territory with the flaws. Another bud on the way too!
Well, if it lasts another month, I might take it to the judging center in May. Thanks -- it might be worth a try.

We researched this cross a week or so ago; there are no awards to it that we could find. It certainly is a lovely thing.

It is a lovely flower. I have the same cross and it is quiet consistent. I got mine from Krull Smith.

In my opinion, the flower is not awardable. There are color flaws in the flower and its symmetry is poor. The form isn't great yet either. But, I do feel the next blooming can do wonders. With some growths behind it a lot of these flaws will not be present on the next blooming. The color is the biggest highlight of this flower by far. Getting a paph awarded now-a-days is very tough. The flower needs to "jump out" at the judges with not only wonderful color but great form as well.

I hope on my next blooming the flower holds itself better on the stem. Just my 2 cents.

Christian

Latest posts

Back