Panarica brassavolae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This fragrant species was once Epidendron and also Encyclia but has now been moved to this new genera. It hails from Mexico to Nicaragua and Costa Rica. I grow it intermediate in medium light. The flowers are about 3.75" om a plant with a 12" growth

Well it is blooming a bit later for me this year. It had bloomed mid July last year. I moved it to a wood slat basket with expanded clay balls as the medium. It seems to like it there.

P8080044.jpg

P8080043.jpg

P8080047.jpg

great Ron; thanks for showing these flowers!!! I had a plant for years but it died without showing its blooms!! Jean

Panarica -- how can you keep all those changes straight? Right now, I'm not even trying to -- afraid they'll change again soon after I were to learn the new nomenclature!

Ron, do you use the preformed coconut fiber or do you use lose fiber to line the basket? I wonder if the roots can find their way through the preformed liners.

Marilyn.

Marilyn...I keep the preformed ones handy (it has become more difficult to find ones that aren't "waxed") I save the scraps from other projects and tease them to a looser fiber to line baskets with or put over the roots on mounts ect.

Ron, do you use the preformed coconut fiber or do you use lose fiber to line the basket? I wonder if the roots can find their way through the preformed liners. Marilyn.

I hope so, I'm giving it a try! I figure if they can find their way thru tree fern slabs, the coconut fiber should be no problem!

Back