Pale, Marked leaves on paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok benilaca thanks very much!. I haven't been able to get hold of the salts yet. All i found was dead sea salts which seemed to look similar but wasn't sure so didn't buy them.

tried all local pharmacies, boots, super drug and local chemists! no one has them can you believe it? are they normally hard to get hold. If I can't find any salts tommorow, ebay it will have to be!

ok benilaca thanks very much!. I haven't been able to get hold of the salts yet. All i found was dead sea salts which seemed to look similar but wasn't sure so didn't buy them.

tried all local pharmacies, boots, super drug and local chemists! no one has them can you believe it? are they normally hard to get hold. If I can't find any salts tommorow, ebay it will have to be!
EPSON SALT has magnesium sufate which is not sea salt.
I think sea salt has sodium chloride. are those the stuff that kill orchids?
DEAD SEA SALT = DEAD ORCHIDS

lol I finally managed to get some peeps. Yea I had to find a small pharmacy about 3 miles away, non of the chains had them.

In the meantime I'd already ordered about 950 grams on ebay haha. So i have bloody loads of epsom salts now!

Foliar fed all the orchids yesterday but I've noticed some cell damage on all the plain leaved paphs....so not gonna do that anymore! haha.

But I have fed them with salts today. would it be about right to feed them with salts every couple of months?

and should i be feeding all my chids with it? or just the paphs?

thanks.

and will let you guys know how it goes.

oh and btw, the little piece that broke off my paph? i put it back in the pot when it happened, and it's rooting! yay!!!!!!!!!!

oh and btw, the little piece that broke off my paph? i put it back in the pot when it happened, and it's rooting! yay!!!!!!!!!!

I am not an experienced Paph. grower but this is the first I have heard of that happening.

Anybody else?

Oh really? I mean with my Leeanum, each growth has 4 leaves. The piece that broke off is actually one of the growths that broke off at point of repotting as I was trying to pull off a piece of old leaf and the whole growth came away and i was like nooooooo!

So i tried to tell myself nothing had happened and put it back in the pot. about 3 days later I bought some rooting gel and dipped the bottom into it and back it goes into the pot. And it's only now I've noticed that it has a tiny little white point pushing out from the bottom.

This happened a few weeks ago and the growth is still alive so I'm assuming that's whats happening. Or can they still alive for a while after being seperated?

Latest posts

Back