Painting of Cyp. arientinum (Rams Head orchid)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Last weekend I finally went back to the drawing board and did some drawing and painting. I was inspired by a Minnesota native: Cypripedium arietinum or also known as the Rams Head orchid. I first drew it in pencil, then drew it in ink (used the "stippel" method to create depth), then did the same drawing in water color, and finally did a close up of a flower. This time I did more of an "artsy" type painting.

Let me know what you think.

Robert

RamsheadorchidBlackandWhite.jpg

RamsheadOrchidcolor.jpg

RamsheadOrchid-close-.jpg

I've never seen this one before, but your renderings are beautiful! Very well done. Very impressive... I'm going to have to try my hand a botanical illustration one of these days, too... it's been a long time since I've drawn anything.

- Matt

Wonderful!!!

This one is rare for us too, however, the photo and description are in the "boy's" bathroom here at work and I am always tempted to switch our images. I'd really rather look at this Cyp. than moss campion (Silene acaulis)...even if moss campion IS tastier. ;)

Hmm...now I am thinking of actually doing it. The next day I am in early....that would be amusing. I wonder if anyone would notice?

Latest posts

Back