Paging Jason Fischer...Japanese orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather said:
I know, I'm dredging all this up today, but thanks for the information, Jason.
(p.s. no need to reply to the pm I sent you, I found the answer in this thread.)
However, it caused me to re-read this thread, and I have a question:

I saw that a Michigan nursery (not orchids) is selling Cymbidium goeringii, saying that it is hardy. Is it really hardy in zone 5?

thanks for dredging this thread up Heather.

Jason Great photos too. Seikai will be the next major neo on my to get list.Also, thanks for all the great info. My room, where I grow all my plants, stays in the 70's year round. I'm testing my standard whites and putting it in the fridge at night for a couple of months. It'll throw off it's cycle but if it comes out ok im gonna get an 8 bottle wine cooler to put them in when winter time comes :).

What a great thread, thanks for bumping it up, Heather.

I'm curious if there's any way for me to get hold of the Orchid Digest article here in UK? I'm getting some Neos from NWO at a show in June so need to swot up a bit.

I would love to be able to read the unedited version! I ended up ordering an issue of orchid digest for the article, but still would love to have the full version of it. :)

Is there some reason the pics aren't coming through for me. I'm using Chrome.
Thanks

Neither do I! The problem could be the age of this thread. Sometimes forums do not keep digital image files but the thread remains. The link that Jason posted earlier about the yellow flowered Sederia japonica is also gone. I got a lot of information from this thread. Jason Fisher is one of three or four people in the USA that are like rock stars when it comes to Japanese orchids like Vanda (Neofinetia) falcata, Phalaenopsis (Sederia) japonica, Dendrobium milliforma, etc. In my search for information on Neofinetia, this thread is often quoted or linked.

Latest posts

Back