Pacific Orchid Exposition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paph. wardii fma alboviride
POE_19_zps069cddb2.jpg

Paph. tonsum
POE_18_zps3f7f97ff.jpg

The tonsum is the parent of the tonsum shown with the alboviride.

I went to the gala on Thursday evening. It was nice. We each got a wine glass and there was lots of finger food, and different wineries for tastings. The downside was that it was awkward carrying around a wine glass, plate of food, camera, and any plants you may have purchased.

As for advertising...our local society received an email from POE with info about the show which was forwarded to all our members. There were also banners up along the streets. We drove down from Oregon.

I think the Leeanum was amazing! It was very busy when I was there on Sunday. Sellers were great. I think that was a great show and sale. I have a hard time getting pictures- a little too dark and the shiny background curtain did not help flash photography. :)

I think the Leeanum was amazing! It was very busy when I was there on Sunday. Sellers were great. I think that was a great show and sale. I have a hard time getting pictures- a little too dark and the shiny background curtain did not help flash photography. :)

Pfuh, you should see mine. I don't know what it was with the place. All mine look like crp.

How come I can't find a tonsum like that one!?!

The 'TristanII' clone had better shape - I *think* you can see the dorsal is wider at the base, and I recall its petals were wider, but Leo's images show the F2 looks wider... so my memory must be fading. I recall the TristanII clone was a bit darker too.

Leo, I think the photos are amazingly good. I attended POE a couple of
years ago and the lighting and the crowds made photography a nightmare
even at the gala. I don't know about you, but the choice of vendors over-whelmed me and I wondered around in circles for hours kinda like Andy's
sales area...called The Maze that year. Are Andy and Harry still using that contraption?

Thanks Leo. Great pictures from what appears to be a great show. I need another 24 hours a day to start collecting paph.

I'll include a few of my pics. They aren't the best but you'll get the general idea.

I thougt this was a very clever display.
DSCN2941.JPG

These were the largest Lycastes I have ever seen.
DSCN2938.JPG

The dragon.
DSCN2942.JPG

Nice interpretation of the theme.
DSCN29431.JPG

DSCN2951.JPG

I don't know what these are. There was no tag.
DSCN29552.JPG

Left side of the vendor area.

And this followed me home. ;)
Paph_fairrieanum_wn_13.JPG

I'll include a few of my pics. They aren't the best but you'll get the general idea.

I thougt this was a very clever display.
DSCN2941.JPG

These were the largest Lycastes I have ever seen.
DSCN2938.JPG

The dragon.
DSCN2942.JPG

Nice interpretation of the theme.
DSCN29431.JPG

DSCN2951.JPG

I don't know what these are. There was no tag.
DSCN29552.JPG

Left side of the vendor area.

And this followed me home. ;)
Paph_fairrieanum_wn_13.JPG

Nice one!

Ramon:)

Terri, is that fairrieanum from Paphiness? I almost picked one up from Dean the first day.

Latest posts

Back