P. x lushuiense 'Heng Duan Beauty' SM/DOK

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely flower... But it looks a lot like Paph. Lathamianum to me. This man made cross by W.B.Latham in 1888 of Paph. spicerianum x Paph. villosum was/is very popular for a long time. This will probably end up in a story very similar to x angthong and Greyi...

Lovely flower... But it looks a lot like Paph. Lathamianum to me. This man made cross by W.B.Latham in 1888 of Paph. spicerianum x Paph. villosum was/is very popular for a long time. This will probably end up in a story very similar to x angthong and Greyi...
Yes, I know, they are the result of the same cross, Lathamianum and x lushuiense....the first as you point out, DirG, man made....and x lushuiense the naturally occuring hybrid. As the provenience of my plant is more than certain - I bought it of mrs. Wenqing Perner (who is very particular about the "pedigree" of her plants), I will henceforth continue to name it as the natural hybrid, that it is.
You can't tell the end result apart, though, and I therefor think, that the story of P. Conco-bellatulum vs. P. x wenshanense might be the more apt parallel.

Last edited:
Back