P wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayeL

Reaction score
Hi all (from a still chilly southern hemisphere)

A nice wardii has flowered for me, however it is dorsal has remained cupped. A comment from another paph grower has made me wonder if there is some sukhakulii in the background.

Would be interested in your thoughts

JL

wardii 20210806.jpgwardii 20210806b.jpg

It's funny this thread was started 11 days ago but nobody responsed. Anyway, now I am the first one.
It's a lovely flower, no doubt.....as to your question, you can see signs of P. sukhakulii in this flower (if you want to see them) e.g. the shape of the dorsal....but you can't see them clearly....so all is possible. It seems to be a first timer flowering plant, so I would wait for the next flower .......

They are pretty closely related... Other than that, I don't think I'd say it was a hybrid. Looks like wardii to me. Not exceptional, although it looks fairly large. I'd keep it... Dorsals can be a little cuppy. Sometimes they get better on a bigger plant.

Looks like a straight wardii to me as well. As has been said, wardii and sukhakulii are closely related, so they will display some similarities. Nice colour on this one.

Latest posts

Back