P. St.Swithin 'Yellow King'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this as a division (1 old, 1 new growth) from Fabrice in the late summer. It seems to be a vigorous grower - and I was so happy to discover it already starting to make an inflorecence, when I returned to work after my Christmas holiday. What made me not so happy, was when I, silly me, "succeeded" in decapitating the last and 4th flower the other day.

One of the 3 flowers, that was left after my vandalism:

All 3 flowers in another light:

If you click on the pic, you'll go to a bit larger photo on ImageShack.

S... happens, nevertheless a beauty!
Is there a Bulb. phal. hanging in the background?
Michael

Nice but not maximum potential because just divided.

Mine was in spike (5 buds) too but I cut it because it was not well rooted.

Take care it and you will see in some years what ist the real potential of this wonderfull StS. ;-)

Don't you hate that. I had a friend who lifted up his multi-floral spike right into a ceiling fan. Decapitated the whole thing.

That is a really nice St Swithin. And it would have to be for you to grow it. :p

That is a really nice St Swithin. And it would have to be for you to grow it. :p

:D:D:D Quite, quite...I hope, I'll be able to keep it alive and grow it to its full potential, as Fabrice has done it!

When Fabrice offered a division for sale, I couldn't resist, when I saw the excellence of his own, very big and well grown plant. It's now one of four hybrids in my possesion: another, more humbly sized St.Swithin (bought for a P. phillipinense) and 2 classic P. Maudiae, respectively 'Magnificum' and ' Bankhouse'.

Kind regards,
Jens

How did you decap it? If we learn how it happened, then we can learn how to avoid it heheheh.
Incredibly nice flowers. On the bright side --- 3 is better than 2 or 1 or 0!

I
How did you decap it? If we learn how it happened, then we can learn how to avoid it heheheh

It's a little while back...and I can actually not precisely recall, what I did? I suppose, it was yet another instance of decapitating while stalking/adjusting the stalking...

Hmmm, I wonder, whether my memory lapse might be an expression of the whole affair being way too traumatic to recall - Orchid PTSD...one of the possible criterias for PTSD being "full or partial amnesia for the traumatic event" (talk about being occupationally injured :D:D)

Didn't you cut it off with the wire?
I'm so glad I'm not the only one suffering :D
Just shortened the stem on my almost open Magic Lantern - used the shelf above it. Did a impressive job.

I
It's a little while back...and I can actually not precisely recall, what I did? I suppose, it was yet another instance of decapitating while stalking/adjusting the stalking...

hahaha! I think so. It does sound like a serious trauma event. That must have hit hard. Or an X-files case!

Latest posts

Back