P. rothschildianum 'Big Bird'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polyantha

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

My biggest roth is in bloom for the first time. The leafspan is 112cm (44"). It only has three flowers, but size and form is very good for the first bloom. Expect to be bigger next time.
'Big Bird' is bred from '266'x'J' and originally comes from Taiwan.

roth_jona1_zps18156697.jpg~original

Sorry for the bad background. I don't have much time at the moment to take a better shot :)

roth_bb2_zps00ffac7c.jpg~original

Crappy mobile phone picture for those of you who wonder how big the flowers are:
29.4 cm FS
5.9 cm DS

DSC_0316_zpsbebb6e28.jpg~original

Thanks Yannik, How are your plants from Iweyshen doing? Any blooms yet?

Dear eggshells, Z2135x Dou Fong bloomed with only two flowers and the quality was not very good. Dorsal around 5cm if I remember right. Reachout x self and Jeanet x Dou fong will bloom in autumn. But I change to another fertilizer now with more urea like yours. I like your plants very much actually and I hope to get mine to clump a little faster :/

I crossed it with two roths from Fabrice:

Green Valley X Dou Fong
This one bloomed very nice for the second time. I have to ask him if he could upload a picture on ST so that everyone can see. Very dark color and nice shape and outstanding dorsal! Sam told him that this might be the best clone from this cross.

The second one is Z2135 (DS 6.4) x Z2135 (DS 6.3) with good size and nice dark dorsal.

I will tell you guys when flasks are available.

Back