P. reticulatum habitat

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog

Reaction score
In the context of my research, I went to the the department of Huanuco - PERU in order observed the status of endangered frogs. In the mountains of this department, the weather is usually crappy. Most of the time it seems like UK (sorry to the British): cold (i.e. around 20C during the day and 10-15C during the night), the sky is always grey with a slight never-ending rain. Some other time it is raining like if it was the end of the world.
Here a picture of Tingo Maria with a lot of water:

tingomariahavoc.jpg

Higher in the mountains, while searching for my frogs I found these large clump of weeds growing in the steep valley created by rivers.

preticulatumhabitat.jpg

preticulatumweed.jpg

And yes, these are not regular boring weeds
preticulatumclump.jpg

preticulatumflower.jpg

preticulatumflower2.jpg

Here is a photo where we can see the red clayed substrate
preticulatumsubstrate.jpg

In conclusion, even if I didn't found what I was looking for, I'm very glad I was able to observed this specie in it's habitat.

All the best
Math

Math this is amaing!!!This is a huge "weed"...hehe...!!! I love to see things in their habitat too...!!! Thank you very much for sharing!!! Plz share some photos of frogs or any other orchid you find there... if possible!!!

I've heard that, in the wild, boissierianum grows like a weed, and here's proof!

Welcome to slippertalk, treefrog.

Hello Treefrog. Love your photos. Gives me something to look forward
to, just bought some of these weeds last Friday. Clark

always grey sky, rain, cool temperatures... sure sounds like vancouver! :p thanks for sharing :)

Very Cool! Thanks for sharing! I wish I had those "weeds" growing in my backyard.

Robert

Latest posts

Back