P. NOT villosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
I purchased this plant in June-2012 as P. villosum var. boxallii . It has been one of the fastest Paphs. I own but unfortunatelly not a P. villosum.

Since I don´t like P. gratrixianum this flowering has been very disappointing to me.:mad::mad::mad:

I hope at least some of you like it.

10425945446_d982ec34e1_c.jpg

10427878013_7e95ded503_c.jpg

Hey I actually like that. Love those clean lines on the dorsal. Wish I could have that.

I like it - but I understand it is annoying when you don't get what you'd paid for. Send it to me! Can't swap - my 'villosum' doesn't want to flower and I suspect it isn't a villosum at all!!:rollhappy:
BTW, a great pic, as usual.

I love it. This looks like Paph. gratrixianum var. daoense and should be capable of delivering a spectacular show on a large, multiple growth plant. I sure wouldn't toss it in the compost.

As everyone else has said, it is a good one. What is not to like about this bloom? Wow! I wish it were mine.
(I do understand your frustration at not getting what you thought you had bought, but at least it is a good one!)

I would like to have it. If you like to trade you could get a villosum (anamense-type) for it.

Do you buy it by O&M (Germany), because I have experienced the same error. I posted the photo Here. It was also bought as being P. villosum var. boxalii. I am always in search of this one.

Thank you all for those nice words. I´m glad to see that some of you think this plant is not as insipid as I think it is.
I have a very limited growing area so I can only own a few plants. Unfortunatelly there is no space for unwanted plants.

I would like to have it. If you like to trade you could get a villosum (anamense-type) for it.

See my villosum bloom ? :) Ready to swap!! Jean

Thank you both, guys ;). I´m very grateful for your offer, but I have a quite good relationship with the vendor and I prefer to give him back the plant so that he can sell it to another person (well labeled this time, I hope :mad:) and get the boxallii that I deserve after this confusion :p.

Moreover, since I don´t have plenty of space I prefer to continue searching for the boxalli var

Do you buy it by O&M (Germany), because I have experienced the same error. I posted the photo Here. It was also bought as being P. villosum var. boxalii. I am always in search of this one.
Brabantia: I bought some plants from O&M once and you can be sure I won´t do it again. I´ve seen too many wrong labels and "suspicious plants" (including some of the plants I bought) from them.
My plant come from Alfa Orchideé (France).

I love the clean white dorsal with the lines of colour. Its very unusual and definitly worth keeping. Grow it into a large specimen and it will be spectacular! If you self it, I would love some seed.....

Didn't I say it looked like a Paph. gratrixianum var. daoense from the pictures you sent me? Was I right, or was I right? :poke:

I love it, but I understand your disappointment, totally. :wink: And I agree about that notion of not buying from O&M. I've done it twice (the second time, I didn't realize it was from O&M, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone through with the purchase), and it's not an experience I wish to repeat.

If I had the room Id keep it AND get a really dark boxalii.
That would be perfect if I had a greenhouse, but I haven´t.
That´s a pitty because If I lived in the other side of the Atlantic Ocean I could make a deal with anyone of you and swap this plant for another one that I really want.

Didn't I say it looked like a Paph. gratrixianum var. daoense from the pictures you sent me? Was I right, or was I right? :poke:
Well...you´re right... but I told you that your henry was a villosum and you didn´t want to believe me until it was opened!!! :sob::p:p

Latest posts

Back