• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

P. Makuli Alba auction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLorax

Awardless studette
Reaction score
I have a little Paph P. Makuli Alba that I want to get rid of. I bought one and received two. Probably a toss in for placing an order. Both are about the exact same size and both appear to be healthy to me. I didn't notice any hitchhikers and I checked with a magnifying glass. The Makuli Alba was selling for $25 a piece but they had a sale and were down to $17.50. Small plants but they do look healthy to me.

I don't know how this auction deal works but it is my understanding I can dictate that the proceeds can go to site support as opposed to me.

If anyone would like, I can take a photo of the plant and post it but it is small as stated before.

Would someone now take over for me regarding how to handle any bids as well as how to handle payment to Slippertalk please- Candace? Heather? High bid goes to Slippertalk, actual cost of postage goes to me.

Thanks Lauren!

Basically, you put up a message as you did above. Someone makes an opening bid, and others can add their bids. At some point, when bidding slows down, you make a decision on a time to close the auction and that's it. Then, the person can send you the cost for shipping, and can paypal or send a check to Blake or I (or just click on the "make a donation" button at the bottom of the page.) That's it.

If you want, I can monitor this thread and see what happens with bidding, and when it should close based upon that.

I would recommend you post a photograph, though. That's always helpful!

Thanks again!!

I've got a pot of soup on the stove, laundry everywhere, and I do need to start thinking about dinner but I will definitely get a photo a little later on. It's a little cutie plant. Nice leaves.

Yes, please do take over from here for me. Matter of fact, you can take care of payment too. Just have them send it direct to bwester and pm me their name and mailing address so I can get the plant to them. Thanks much.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I forgot the photo. If anyone wants to retract a bid, feel free. It is a small plant though as I said before. I think this is a 4" round pot that it is planted in. The yellowish lower leaf was cut when I received it. The other plant had two lower leaves clipped so I chose this one instead to give away-

pmakulialba.jpg

Sorry about the photo. There is no crown rot on this that I can see but when I took the photo I almost had a heart attack when I saw that crap between the two leaves. I ran back upstairs and checked. It was a piece of fir bark and a piece of perlite wedged in there just in case someone can't see the blue notation on the photo.

Yes dear, that's why I pointed it out. Definitely do not want to be accused of not sharing all that comes with the plant. The cost of the "debris" to you is an additional $5 but you can tender same at the time you pay for your plant. Just add the $5 to the final bid.

I thought about this and don't particularly want to screw around with the costs of shipping. Can he just pay the costs of the high bid and the shipping to bwester too? I can't imagine it costing more than $7 to ship this plant if I pick up a little box so I'll just toss that in from my side. In other words, let SlipperTalk benefit from me paying the shipping.

I'm disorganized and sloppy with money and get rewarded by being referred to as nice? Only in America! God, I love this site!

Latest posts

Back