• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

P. Makuli Alba auction

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh now this IS getting interesting! A new comer joins the race for the plant that was sent to me as a freebie!

Welcome to SlipperTalk swamprad, may your bids be recklessly high!

Come on Eric, will you give up another dollar to take this beauty home with you? Breathe in, breathe out but above and beyond all else... place another bid and click on that little radio button that says submit reply. Come on now, you can do it! I have faith in you.

Hey Heather, just a thought but... some people don't log on to a computer every single day. If there is activity (bidding) maybe wouldn't it be a good idea to not close up the bidding until maybe 24 hours of inactivity after the last bid?

NYEric, please pm me your full name and mailing address.

Quick question. Is there anywhere online I can buy heat packs real fast? Some place that ships next day if at all possible? I can somewhat protect the plant by driving to the PO on a Saturday so that I know it will sit inside over the weekend but I can't protect it on the other end. And yes, I've watched the trucks come and go from our PO and if you ship during the week, they load them, lock them, and let them sit outside. For some reason on Saturdays they load them once then go straight to the main distribution center. Probably because the PO closes at 10:30 am.

Eric, would it be better for me to send it to your work so there is no risk of it sitting outside your front door in the cold while you are gone for the day? It's almost 10am here and our temps are only up to 18. You've got to be having similar weather right now.

Sitting outside my front door would have it on the 20th floor w/ 5 other apartment doors! We kind of live in beehive-like structures here. The temps on my end are not a problem, just the shipping. Did I win!!??? Why does the P.O. close at 10:30 AM. I go to the 24/7/365 P.O. and most are open 8AM-6PM.

It closes because we're not exactly NY city where everything seems to be open 24 hours every day of the year. Our Post Master is also the clerk. She is everything, it's a one-man shop. Our PO also shuts down for an hour every day at lunch time. If you're really desperate and can't get there anytime other than at lunch, you go to the back door and she will let you in and take care of you sandwich in hand. I should mention that I think it has extended hours on Saturdays during the holidays. They might be open until 11am.

Next closest PO is about 12 miles away and I never did quite get a take on what their hours are other than that I keep forgetting they close at 3:30 since I always seem to end up there scratching my head at 4pm. Our PO is open until 3pm.

So what about me ordering heat packs. Should I or shouldn't I?

You should if you want the plant to survive. It's funny, at the P.O.'s here there are always 2-3 counters open and 2 others w/ people just doing their paperwork!

Thank you very much Rose. I really appreciate it. Saves me having to find the right kind online then ordering only to wait around to get a heat pack here to be able to ship to him. If I box everything (and I will admit there is another plant going in his box because I found out he added a donation to his bid for the sake of the site), will you check it out for me?

Eric, I am going to need your full name and mailing address at some point in the very near future.

Plants shipped out USPS Priority with heat packs this morning. Tracking number sent to NYEric in a PM.

Yay! They're going to their new Daddy!

Latest posts

Back