P. lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Marcus recently picked up this plant for me in Florida from Krull-Smith. I'd been lusting after it since prior to 2006! lol...

Sadly, I did not see the flowers in person but the plant is really gorgeous - with very very wide leaves. I think there was some speculation that it may be a 4N plant.
57274b9d.jpg

p10008375qo.jpg

Really nice healthy looking plant and loving that s/h culture! My lowii is so small guess I'd better look for a BS size plant. I'll never wait for mine to bloom! :wink:

Jon in SW Ohio said:
Hehe...good thing no one's looking over my shoulder lately, or I'd probably be in BIG trouble.

Great looking lowii! Is this one of the 'Superfly' crosses?

Jon

No kidding! I had to lay off for 6 months (and sell a lot!) to sneak a few in...
Yes, 'K-S' x 'Superfly' (same as the awarded Miami - though I don't think the petal stance on this one is going to be as nice but the plant is gorgeous so who cares? I so dig a fine looking plant! Why I love multis....I should write an essay...sigh.)

I see a couple wrinkled leaves, which usually are sporadic or due to culture, but *could* hint towards extra ploidy.

After Teresa's photos at the other forum, I check every Home Depot I see. I'll strike gold one of these days.

Awesome plant... It looks very, very happy. I love this stage... It just wants to bloom.

kentuckiense said:
After Teresa's photos at the other forum, I check every Home Depot I see. I'll strike gold one of these days.

Awesome plant... It looks very, very happy. I love this stage... It just wants to bloom.

There are SO many excellent lowiis out there Zach. Don't watch HD - if you want one, we can help you find a good one for you for not much...It won't cost you much more... this one was pricey (75) (but not as pricey as on their web catalog!) There are many excellent lowiis around for $30 or so. You just need to decide which petal stance you prefer.

Heather said:
There are SO many excellent lowiis out there Zach. Don't watch HD - if you want one, we can help you find a good one for you for not much...It won't cost you much more... this one was pricey (75) (but not as pricey as on their web catalog! There are many excellent lowiis around for $30 or so. You just need to decide which petal stance you prefer.

I'm glad I don't know the difference between 'good' plants and 'bad' plants. They all look good to me.

kentuckiense said:
I'm glad I don't know the difference between 'good' plants and 'bad' plants. They all look good to me.

I'm with you!!! They all look good to me

Heather said:
Wait until you start to run out of space - then you will understand...(sucks!)

I just take over another room...first you move one plant then another and so on....my wife never really sees it coming after all of these years or I've worn her down.

Latest posts

Back