P. Lady Isobel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get these big multis to bloom?

They seem to like it on my window sill...windows facing East-Southeast...I'm living on the top floor of a 5 storey building - the house opposity only 3 floors, so the plants closest to the window get quite a lot of light, though not much in the bleak nordic winters...Temperature is room temp, but during the cold months there is a slight cold whim from the windows, that turns the actual window sill from a warm to a temperate zone, possibly with a further wee drop of temp during winter nights.
The fertilizing regime is like for the rest of my plants (exept Bulbos that I fertilize all year round and a bit more frequently): Pokon 20-20-20 every 3-4 weeks, except from end november to end february, where I don't fertilize at all, due to the extreme low light up here North. In the months with high light intensity I add a bit of Epsom salt when fertilizing, which prevents the leavage from turning yellow.

Last edited:
Concerning the name I refer to Nickp's thread and the extensive story in his blog, where he describes, how he found the correct name for this grex (an interesting piece of orchid sleuthing) and the name of the remarkable lady in whose honour it was named...and had the RHS revise the name in the hybrid register accordingly - thus rectifying a more than 100 year old misspelling:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/paphiopedilum-lady-isabel-lady-isobel.48214/

Last edited:
Guldal thank you for share your experience. Your Paph in bloom is beautiful. Have been trying to find Pokon 20 20 20 fertilizer through the web and it has been unsatisfactory. Do you have the link for buy it?

Have been trying to find Pokon 20 20 20 fertilizer through the web and it has been unsatisfactory. Do you have the link for buy it?

I'm buying it through our local mastergrower, mr. Hans Christiansen, whom I consider my mentor in all matters orchiadic! ;)
I don't know where he gets it from, but you could always ask. If you are located inside the EU, mr. Christiansen could probably send it as mail order...and if not, he might have an Idea for you where to look. His/his firm's mail is: [email protected]

Kind regards, Jens

Last edited:
Very nice Lady Isobel - clouration, shape and stance are very good - the plant is well grown too and your photos show it perfectly, Altogether....congrats.

I like it very much, thanks for showing!
Mine will take some more years to bloom...

Back