P K Photos from Isaias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adiaphane

Reaction score
Thanks Isaias for the lovely photos.
PhragmipediumkovachiiMiluska.jpg

PhragmipediumkovachiiTaty.jpg

PKspikes2.jpg

PKspikes.jpg

Those are really great photos. I find it interesting that the bracts in the third photo are brown. Does that happen to all kovachii?

It amazes me that this flower wasn't known to the world until recently! Makes me wonder what else is out there...

gonewild said:
Isaias, is this one plant with 5 flower spikes or a group of plants placed close together?

Lance,

Alfredo Manrique does publish pictures of his Pk. A similar Alfredo Pk plant can be seen here: http://home.golden.net/~orchids.

It is Phrag. kovachii 'Laura', a division of the original collected plant that ended up with 12 spikes; each having two buds soon after the picture was taken last year.

peter

Greenthings said:
Lance,

Alfredo Manrique does publish pictures of his Pk. A similar Alfredo Pk plant can be seen here: http://home.golden.net/~orchids.

It is Phrag. kovachii 'Laura', a division of the original collected plant that ended up with 12 spikes; each having two buds soon after the picture was taken last year.

peter

They sure make beautiful plants. How many flowers did it have open at once?
Do all the clones seem to grow about the same a 'Laura'?

gonewild said:
They sure make beautiful plants. How many flowers did it have open at once?
Do all the clones seem to grow about the same a 'Laura'?

I will ask Alfredo how many flowers were open at once and let you know.

I believe all Pk clones grow about the same way at Centro de Jardineria Manrique
The flowers of the various clones at Manrique start out with the same basic color that changes as the flower matures. The same is true at Lee Moore's
nursery Nuevo Destino in Moyobamba. Though Peruflora's manager is an awarded photographer of orchids, I have been unable to locate any pictures of their Pk plants. Chuck Acker did show some pictures taken at Peruflora, you may wish to check his website to see if they are still there.

I hope this helps,
peter

Alfredo Manrique's answers

Hi, this is Pablo Bermúdez in Peru and asked Alfredo Manrique. The picture with six spikes growing at the same time came from one single plant. The most flowers opening at the same time have been three though, because of the learning process they have been through Alfredo tells me they expect more and bigger flowers opening simultaneously sometime around this year.

Pablo Bermúdez

Pablo said:
Hi, this is Pablo Bermúdez in Peru and asked Alfredo Manrique. The picture with six spikes growing at the same time came from one single plant. The most flowers opening at the same time have been three though, because of the learning process they have been through Alfredo tells me they expect more and bigger flowers opening simultaneously sometime around this year.

Pablo Bermúdez

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for asking Alfredo. Hoping all is well with you and your family in Lima

Peter

Back