P. insigne 'Harefeild Hall'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

blondie

Reaction score
Hi

I have been waiting two years for this plant to actually do anything and last Novemeber it started spiking. I was really worried about this because I know how many times people have thought it was correct and it wasn't.

I think this is correct and it is 'Harefield Hall', but what do you guys think?

I have taken a photo of it next to P. Winston Churchill, for the size conparison.

Thanks.

blondie

Reaction score
Thanks that's brilliant, to know I was really hoping it to be the real deal.

blondie

Reaction score
Thanks I knew it was hard to get and many, are not the real one I think I only paid £20 for the plant.

cpmaniac

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Looks terrific...nice to see the classic variety survives...great job!

Roy

Reaction score
It really does exist! Congrats.
Justin, it's well & truly in existence, it the ignorance of many growers to recognise what they have or buy is right or wrong. The continuance of selling the wrongly named plant to get their money back or make a quick $$ perpetuates the problems.
I've known this plant since the late 1950's & have a pic from back then of my Uncles plant. Faded & aged but still visible. Makes a lot of "knowalls" argue their looseable discussions.

Last edited:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
What a great and huge flower. Congrats for owning and growing such a beauty.

Justin

Reaction score
Justine, it's well & truly in existence, it the ignorance of many growers to recognise what they have or buy is right or wrong. The continuance of selling the wrongly named plant to get their money back or make a quick $$ perpetuates the problems.
I've known this plant since the late 1950's & have a pic from back then of my Uncles plant. Faded & aged but still visible. Makes a lot of "knowalls" argue their looseable discussions.
Excellent. Thanks.