P. insigne 'Guldal' SM/DOK, 2020

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jens, that's a very elegant flower which has plenty of red pigmentation in it. Together with a lot of the small spots on the dorsal it makes this flower very unique amongst P. insigne. Congrats to this aquisition.

lacks the corase spotting of every insigne Ive ever seen (except sanderianum)

Well, it might be a comfort for you, OZ, to know, that it didn't lack those, when it flowered earlier this year. As the idiom goes, 'there's a first time for everything' - and I'm more than happy to be able to provide you with the experience of this first hand!
You can see the flowers from earlier this year in the thread below:
https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/p-insigne-4n-newbie.48724/
But then, you are a tough customer to satisfy, as you can see, you then quibbled about its 4N status! :cool:

Last edited:
This difference in the color/markings of the blooms on the same plant during different times (of year, season, culture), only goes to show how variable the flowers can be under epigenetic (environmental) influences. To the point that one can claim it is a different plant all together.

I have bloom many like this when the flower is better or worse than previous seasons. That is why sometimes the best blooming of that plant is usually the one that gets awarded. It might take me 3 blooming seasons to get a flower worthy of that acknowledgement lol.

........You can see the flowers from earlier this year in the thread below:......

I didn't realize at all that this is the same plant as the one in the thread I made a comment in January. Anyway, I didn't have any doubt it could be anything else than Paph. insigne.

Last edited:
Back