P. insigne 4N - newbie

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was very happy, when our local mastergrower, Hans Christiansen, under my recent visit to his nursery in Fredensborg, offered me to buy one of a few clones of P. insigne 4N. He got them from a former, german nursery, that has been turned into a museum, but is closed for the general public. The plant was already in flower, when I bought it.

20200114_113219.jpgNS: 8,5 cm. DS: 6,5 cm. PL: 8 cm.PW: 3 cm. H: 10,5 cm.
20200114_113403.jpgNS: 8,0. DS: 6,5. PL: 7,0. PW: 3,0. H: 9,5.

Evening light:
20200114_120710.jpg
Plant in toto:
20200114_113441.jpg

Last edited:
... And ready to be divided I see :p:D

Oh, no...not at all ready for that...yet!

But I will have you in mind in the due course of time....that is, if you don't hurry up and contact Hans to buy one of the remaining plants! I think, he was going to send one or two to a collector in Sweden, but he might besides have one or two to spare?

Might be a good Idea though, to tell him, that you saw my plant in this forum and that I proposed, that you contacted him...with some of the rarer plants/clones he can be a bit finicky about whom he wants to sell to!
As he once said, being rather indignant about some plants, that had suffered too much heat during postal delivery: "Det er jo levende væsener!" ("Understand that: They are living beings!").

Last edited:
Very impressive flowers and on the other hand very long leaves and a huge plant too, compared with normal P. insigne. I like it very much.

Back