P. henryanum 'Yellow Valley Joy' BM/SOK 2022

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guldal

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henrys have for a very long time been a fave species. My newest acquisition (bought primo September) already had the grace to present me with a flower. I guess, it wanted to cheer me in the otherwise bleak and bare month of November:

20221117_140757.jpg NS: 8 cm, DS: 4,5 cm

From another angle: 20221117_140740.jpg

Flower and plant in toto: 20221117_140857.jpg

It has a very flat dorsal: 20221117_153015.jpg

And now we are at it - backside view:20221117_152852.jpg

Last edited:
I think it has great color, better then many henryanums!
Growing Paphs. and getting nice full flowers with great form is no easy task. They can be such finicky growers at times. I think you have a winner!!!

Henrys have for a very long time been a fave species. My newest acquisition (bought primo September) already had the grace to present me with a flower. I guess, it wanted to cheer me in the otherwise bleak and bare month of November:

View attachment 36894 NS: 8 cm, DS: 4,5 cm

From another angle: View attachment 36895

Flower and plant in toto: View attachment 36896

It has a very flat dorsal: View attachment 36897

And now we are at it - backside view:View attachment 36898
Really great. Is this perchance from Sam?

Is this perchance from Sam?
No, it is not of Sam's extraction! I bought it from a Danish hobby-purveyor. He was closing up shop, as his wife, whom he dealt his interest with, sadly died. I got this plant and a couple of others (more precise 10 plants in all) for a song. I didn't expect an outcome such as this henry, but now I can hardly wait to see some of the others in bloom!
I think he got some of/most of his plants from a couple of minor, German nurseries, one of then being Schwerter Orchideenzucht.

Last edited:

View attachment 36894 NS: 8 cm, DS: 4,5 cm

From another angle: View attachment 36895

Flower and plant in toto: View attachment 36896

It has a very flat dorsal: View attachment 36897

And now we are at it - backside view:View attachment 36898
One of my favorites!

Back