P. henryanum first bloom seedling!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

I am Soooo excited about this one! :clap::drool: I've wanted henryanum since the first picture I saw of one, but I actually had the patience to hold out and try to find some seedlings with good parentage so I could get a handful and bloom them out! The cross is 'Bear' x 'hen Hung', and I think both may be awarded now, but I don't have that info on the tags. I got 5 seedlings just out of compot, plus 3 small extras ready for a minicompot in May 2007, and this is the first to bloom! They're also the first seedlings I've tried that were that small, and they turned out to be pretty undemanding, and weathered the bad A/C unit high temps I had in Texas better than some of my mature plants! Thank you to Dean from Paphiness for responding to my 'wanted ad' here on slippertalk - it's been so rewarding growing these tiny seedlings, so the way this first one turned out is icing on the cake! I have the urge to go out and buy tiny seedlings by the bucketload now :rollhappy: Only problem is, I can't decide which species or hybrid to buy next! :rollhappy: Anyone have any suggestions?
My pics don't really do it justice - color is as I see it real and onscreen, but I had some trouble with glare! NS 3 inches, height about 2 3/4 inches The plant is about 3 mature growths and some starts, and the leafspan is only an inch, inch and a half more than the spread of the bloom :p

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

From the side...

And a detail shot!

:drool::drool::drool: I love henry's & this one is AWESOME!!! I'm so envious, mine looks great the first 18 hours it's opened & then the lower edges of dorsal reflex :sob: so I gotta ask - how long as this flower been open?

Thanks for the compliments guys! :)
Haha, I've been watching it for that Rose - I just checked again now, it's the end of the 3rd day it's been open, and it's the same as in the pic! So far still good! Hopefully the other 6 will be blooming next year too, and if they're anything like this one it'll be quite a display! I was preparing myself not to expect Too much from the first bloom of the first seedling in the batch, but I do seem to have gotten lucky right off the bat!

:rollhappy::rollhappy:You changed your avatar!!! :clap::clap:
OK so now I'm really envious, if it's flat this long it probably will stay that way! Don't know if you're lucky, you've done a good job growing them out, it's a quality cross, good picking! and I can hardly wait to see more -
BTW put me on your sales list!

Latest posts

Back