P. helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adorable! 😍
Never had really good specimens. Does the white margin make it award worthy?
No, that's not it.... someone here posted a very lovely helenae the other day... and when we sang its praise, he was just sulking over that it didn't have a white margin....
For me it's just like having two different colourforms (as I think, margin or not is a stable trait, I.e. according to genetics)...yet another excuse to buy another plant! What could you wish for more? 😉

Adorable
Never had really good specimens. Does the white margin make it award worthy?
No, that's not it.... someone here posted a very lovely helenae the other day... and when we sang its praise, he was just sulking over that the dorsal didn't have a white margin....
For me it's just like having two different colourforms (as I think, margin or not is a stable trait, I.e. according to genetics)...yet another excuse to buy another plant! What could you wish for more? 😉

Last edited:
Adorable
No, that's not it.... someone here posted a very lovely helenae the other day... and when we sang its praise, he was just sulking over that it didn't have a white margin....
Thank you for the clarification, thats good to know.

Beautiful, congrats on the first flowering! Mine sulked for 2 years before finally doing anything. How long did you have to wait?

Beautiful, congrats on the first flowering! Mine sulked for 2 years before finally doing anything. How long did you have to wait?
So this is the 2nd plant after the first wallowed in sadness for ages slowly looking sadder and sadder.

This second one was a multigrowth plant I bought off Ebay of all places, I immediately repotted it in a bark mix with charcoal and grit and kept it on the dryer side.

I have have the plant approximately a year. Its still in flower!

Latest posts

Back