P. Chiu Hua Dancer x gardineri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are things that can be done to minimize the hooding (higher temps, lower light, less blue in the spectrum). I'd say sandy & gigantifolium are the culprits, gardineri (*cough* wilhelminae) usually holds its dorsal pretty high.

There are things that can be done to minimize the hooding (higher temps, lower light, less blue in the spectrum). I'd say sandy & gigantifolium are the culprits, gardineri (*cough* wilhelminae) usually holds its dorsal pretty high.

Yes, giga of them all. I heard about manipulating temps but this guy is what it is no matter what. This actually opened during summer and my greenhouse was 90's everyday. No cooling but I lowered my light down to 500 FC.

But I had six buds on that first bloom. A good grower.

Yes, giga of them all. I heard about manipulating temps but this guy is what it is no matter what. This actually opened during summer and my greenhouse was 90's everyday. No cooling but I lowered my light down to 500 FC.

But I had six buds on that first bloom. A good grower.

Ah, then do what I do: Kill it in front of the other plants to remind them of what can happen.

Yours had 6 impressive!! Mine is the best growing plant I have, very good parents!! I beleive from quintal farms

i-cNFvd5Q-X2.jpg

Lovely flowers with long twisted petals and I wouldn't care about the slightly hooded dorsal but on the other hand I think it's better to see the photo directly in the thread than over a link. I hope you agree.

Yes. I agree. Thanks for doing that. Need to try it myself. I got pampered with photobucket.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back