P. bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great display, obviously shows each photo another plant....so you have 5 (or more) in flower at the moment. Very impressive.

thanks Rudolf , yes different plants , more blooming, will do more photos.
they grow here, but I am not collecting, sad story with nature !

Hello Jens, thank for your comment !
From my house I see the 2300m high Doi Luang, there are P. bellatulum growing, still
images

What a gorgeous view... and luckily you, who don't have to bother too much about the cultural requirements, that keep the rest of us busy! ;)
Indeed with regard to orchids, but I think he doesn't live in paradise because there are also other problems.

thanks for all replies and yes, there are a lot of good and bad things here.
And the orchids have to live with the sometimes harsh conditions in the different seasons.
If anybody will be near in future I live 80km north of ChiangMai.
Thailand did a great job Corona-wise . I feel much safer here , compaed to the most western countries.
Have a nice Sunday. Werner

Beautiful flowering! I suppose that your culture conditions are very hot and humid ? How are temperature and humidity during "winter"?

2 replies:

-habitat: best if they grow between steep rocks, hard to get, because the collectors are poor mountain people and they dont care about artificial propagation.

-climate in winter: for Europeans like a Russian high-pressure system in our summers . 30celsius during the day, 15c during the night , can be cooler, low humidity.
clearly the best season for tourists is November-January, still nice and green, later getting hotter and still very dry.

short look in my data: bellatulum blooms 12-01 and 5-6 and exul 11

but these are my plants , not in nature

will check more

more winter bloomer:
-villosum
-godefroyae
-callosum sublaeve

but better to visit nurseries to see them
in nature hard to find and huge distances between habitats

Very nice! I have acquired some Bellatulum crosses recently, am now looking out for species!

I love visiting that area, was convenient when living in Saigon. Mostly BKK and chiang Mai. The smoke is a challenge for me in springtime there, farmers burning. Oh and the police pulling me over on motorbike regularly in Chiang Mai. But there is a lot to explore up there around chiang dao.

You’re very close to Myanmar!

cheers

all true with burning and police ! Never go to Northern Thailand in March-April ! Yes, its the main blooming season ! But we had 2.5 -particle counts up to 800 !!!

Latest posts

Back