P. argus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Lousy photo...which is OK, considering the lousy bloom. Not enough humidity in my light garden, so the bloom stopped at this point. If it opens further, I'll take another pic, but I doubt it will improve. I'll probably cut it off in a few days to let the plant recover.
IMAG0406_zps89d9714e.jpg

About 40%, maybe lower. It was in the "dry" side of the dial. Even though I have a humidifier in the room, under lights it stays dry...I also have fans going for air movement.

I have 3 Clivia's. In the lower left you can see the leaf tips of my 30 year old monster. In the background is my variegated one, normal flower color. Out of sight is my yellow, which has only bloomed once for me. In fact, the main growth died a few years ago, so it put out loads of side growths which will hopefully bloom this year. My big old monster (hard to believe it came as a free seedling the size of a scallion) blooms reliably every spring.

This Barbata is high in my wish-list.

Do you think it´s a tough species to grow?

Thank for sharing. Next bloom will be better...sure!

I agree with Rick. Eric your argus has promise for sure. Where did you pick this fellow up? Recently? Was it BS when you got it?

I got it on Ebay, about a year ago. So, I'd say it was small blooming size. (I think in the industry, blooming size means that it's within a year of being able to bloom.) I don't remember how much I paid, but it could not have been much. it's still in bloom now, but I think I'll cut the spike and let it recuperate.

Latest posts

Back