P. agusii and P. venustum fma. measuresianum (not quite) - first time bloomers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, let me reiterate that we are talking semantics of the definitions of albino, which I agree with everyone heretoforth.
Agreed.
So by essence, the measuresianum forms are truly the alboviride forms, whose definitions might need to be reviewed again by the taxonomists.

I don't think this would be necesarry because we have a definition of albinism and we have descriptions of Paph. venustum var. measuresianum as well as of Paph. leucochilum. We need only apply both without exceptions.
With the exceptions you are talkin of, Leslie, we start counting warts and spots and discuss if this count of spots is within or that count without the definition. I think this can't be the right way.

Agreed.

I don't think this would be necesarry because we have a definition of albinism and we have descriptions of Paph. venustum var. measuresianum as well as of Paph. leucochilum. We need only apply both without exceptions.
With the exceptions you are talkin of, Leslie, we start counting warts and spots and discuss if this count of spots is within or that count without the definition. I think this can't be the right way.
Not exceptions but rather say it’s part of this alboviride form, which it is clearly not an albino with green/white flowers. Like freckles. Perhaps a new variety should be described for this form.

Latest posts

Back