OZ Paph blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JC94030

I am posting several pictures from my recent visit to OZ.
They are as follows:

Paph HK

Paph Macabre (sib)

Paph Macabre cross

Two "platinum Paphs" where the color is being lost.

I like them all.

CIMG5651.jpg

CIMG5652.jpg

CIMG5656.jpg

CIMG5653.jpg

CIMG4739.jpg

wow.
What is a "platinum paph"?
Did I miss that in the few weeks I was gone??

wow.
What is a "platinum paph"?
Did I miss that in the few weeks I was gone??

It is this ongoing attempt to get the green mauds to loose their color. When they do you get this platinum color where the green was and white shimmery backround. I have never seen a complete platinum. I don't know if anyone has. Many have been striving towards this though.

John what did these look like in person?? The platinums? I love them by the way.

Forgive me for being slow, but they still look like green Maudiae hybrids.
Am I missing some subtlety fine points here?

Forgive me for being slow, but they still look like green Maudiae hybrids.
Am I missing some subtlety fine points here?

If you look they are losing their color in certain areas. Not common to see green mauds like that. Prob more noticable in person. People are getting close to creating platinums. Not to far away. MAybe they already exist in someones collection

If you look they are losing their color in certain areas. Not common to see green mauds like that. Prob more noticable in person. People are getting close to creating platinums. Not to far away. MAybe they already exist in someones collection

Can you explain a little bit more for me.
What exactly do they look like, do they having a silver sheen like jewel orchids?
If platinum means more white, then , there are alot of paphs already pure white?
Is this term only used for certain type of paph hybrid and not all types of paphs?

If you look the green is gone in many areas and replaced by this platinum streaking. They r actually pretty cool. There are no white mauds though. Let me see if I can find a more representative pic later Hien

Look at the first ones stipes it can be seen there. They have turned platinum.

Sounds a bit far fetched to me - in my eyes they are just albums!! :confused:
To be honest I like albums - but platinums????

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

It is all semantics. Platinum is the name commonly given to this color configuration. They are never completely white. There are however much more platinum ones than these.

I am waiting for the titaniums to come out. Light weight and indestructible.

Latest posts

Back