OZ highlight photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theorchidzone

Reaction score
I've posted a collage of some of our most interesting and beautiful flowers over approx the last year.
See my website link below. On my PC I can enlarge this isolated picture simply by clicking.
I would be interested for STers to tell me their favorite(s).
In terms of FB likes, the charlesworthii influence vinicolor on the left has been the most popular. It now lives in Germany, but its pollen remains.

I have also posted a seedling price list on the front page of OZ web page. ;)

http://www.theorchidzoneltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Screen-Shot-2016-07-06-at-4.02.40-PM.png

Love it thanks John. Got to say that bessea flavum is still one of my favorites.

That's an amazing P. malipoense, so my vote goes for it. Is that a fragrant clone? Color is nice and dark. Second place is a tie between emersonii and which ever caudatum group species or hybrid that is in the very bottom right hand corner.

The mastersianum still gets my vote for tops.

I also like the besseae flavum, as I've never seen such round petals on a flavum. Any chance that's an F2 normal x flavum cross?

Besseae flavum and caudatum always get my attention (and my vote)!

Amazing stuff all around, though.

David

Thanks! I just got back in town. I'll answer everyones questions one by one in the next day or two.
I think it's awesome that there is a real diversity in tastes.
JC

I like the micranthum album and malipoense, but I'm a sucker for parvis.

Such a lot of stunning flowers!
First: the red complex -> the last in the second row and the orange one with the nice spotting in the dorsal (center of the second row)
Second: the spotted complex in the fourth row and the dark bellatulum
But I love the bellatulum f. album and the fairrieanum f. bohlmannianum too!
Not to forget the well shaped whitish complex, wow!

Last edited:
The malipo is quite fragrant. In my experience I have not encountered many that are not. (unlike delenatii where we have some that are fragrant and some not.
The emersonii is terrific. The caudatum is one of my best this year with 80cm+ petals.
JC

That's an amazing P. malipoense, so my vote goes for it. Is that a fragrant clone? Color is nice and dark. Second place is a tie between emersonii and which ever caudatum group species or hybrid that is in the very bottom right hand corner.

It is a flavum sib cross, but this batch was treated for ploidy. So this is what you get.

The mastersianum still gets my vote for tops.

I also like the besseae flavum, as I've never seen such round petals on a flavum. Any chance that's an F2 normal x flavum cross?

Lots of likes.
Good taste: Last in the second row won a Gold Medal in Japan.
The spotteds came from Germany -- Oliver.

Such a lot of stunning flowers!
First: the red complex -> the las in the second row and the orange one with the nice spotting in the dorsal (center of the second raw)
Second: the spotted complex in the fourth row and the dark bellatulum
But I love the bellatulum f. album and the fairrieanum f. bohlmannianum too!
Not to forget the well shaped whitish complex, wow!

armeniacum is very high quality. I purchased it in Japan. Clonal name is "Super Cool #2" The background is my hotel room just before I sibbed it.
I believe I posted a thread on it in February.
JC

All are fantastic but the fairrie and the armeniacum stand out for me.

Latest posts

Back