• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

OZ flask list including kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theorchidzone

Reaction score
orders: [email protected]

We have a new batch of flasks. One highlight is that we now have seedlings of kovachii "Leonardo Andre" FCC/AOS X self for sale. kovachii in flask are tricky, and we have expended quite a bit of effort to make this successful.
One note: I suspect that the award payment was not made so perhaps this FCC does not show up in the AOS database [the award was not to OZ].

But it is here.
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38845
[second one down with the foliage behind]

I don't see the price list anywhere on your website.

In the thread that you reference you say the second one is Big Boy:

I guess the second one rates for sure, since the first one is FCC/AOS.
The second one "Big Boy" actually doesn't reflex so I am breeding with it like crazy!
Yes the red one is that red. Very excited to have it. I bought it in flower from Peruflora.
JC

If the second photo is Leonardo Andre, which one is Big Boy? I'm guessing it's the third photo. This one is shown on your 2016 seedlings.pdf as "Big Guy" (If you hover over the photo it shows the name.) I see from the Gallery that the red is called "Magenta". Do you have clonal names for the ones with the short spikes?

I think maybe you have too many if you can't keep the names straight. I'll take a couple.

It was emailed. PM your email and I'll email it to you; easier to read than the below funky formatting:

3236 fairrieanum “Perfect” X “Red Dusk” $250
Pink Perfect is huge. 7cm dorsal. Probably the largest fairrieanum anywhere. Here it Is bred to
an excellent red. Looking for large red fairs.
3236 fairrieanum “Porky” X “DD1’ $175
Very full pod parent crossed to “DD1” Double dorsal. Very large synsepal. 22 Reds
3512 Phrag Fritz Schomburg “Select” X kovachii “Super Dark” $200
Here we are aiming for kovachii look-a-likes that are easier to grow. Expecting dark flowers
based on the kovachii parent.
3374/2789 Phrag kovachii “Leonardo Andre” FCC/AOS X self. $350
This kovachii received an FCC at POE 2014. Kovachii have been tricky in flask but here we have
some production. The “Leonardo Andre” is flat as paper and dark. [Please note, I purchased
the plant from Peruflora who may not have paid for the award, so I am not sure whether it
shows up in the AOS database)
3373 Phrag kovachii “16/7” X “Triple”
$250
Sib cross of two exceptional kovachii. Pod parent shows dimensions on a first bloom. “Triple”
held three flowers/buds
3264 sukahkulii “3cm” X sukhakulii alba “humungous”. $200
Very wide petal sukhakulii acquired from Popow crossed to a very large alba. These should
come out regular color. Adds diversity into the breeding lines.
3411 Phrag Tall Tails X sib. $150
Sib cross of two tremendous Tall Tails. We sibbed two of our best. Tall Tails is one of our best
sellers
of our best. Tall Tails is one of our best
sellers

You are correct on the names. I guess I screwed up when I posted before. And yes, sometimes I refer to Big Boy as Big Guy.....but always big. :)
It even bloomed better this year at least by my eye -- see FB below. So maybe Fat Boy.

Sorry, they don't all have clonal names. One of the short stemmed ones is theorized to be 4N. I think Big Boy is a better candidate.

https://www.facebook.com/theorchidz...992741918121/1256039284446794/?type=3&theater

In the thread that you reference you say the second one is Big Boy:

If the second photo is Leonardo Andre, which one is Big Boy? I'm guessing it's the third photo. This one is shown on your 2016 seedlings.pdf as "Big Guy" (If you hover over the photo it shows the name.) I see from the Gallery that the red is called "Magenta". Do you have clonal names for the ones with the short spikes?

I think maybe you have too many if you can't keep the names straight. I'll take a couple.

If your flasks are sold out you should be courteous enough to let your customers inquiring know.

Here is a so so pic of the FCC from Dave S/Paph Paradise page.
Second and third links are another OZ roth that Dave acquired. Got an 85 pt AM a year ago. Dave and I felt that score was low. [I am not a judge, but Dave is one of the best] Shows that judging quality on the net depends very much on the picture.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...698.1073741827.100007954620399&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...698.1073741827.100007954620399&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/theorchidz...992741918121/1117720048278719/?type=3&theater

Latest posts

Back