1. Good day. If you cannot log in please use the CONTACT US at the bottom of the page to get help. If you are logged in and do not want the ads, please click on the Little Person icon to get user control panel. At the bottom of Preferences is the opt out area used to turn them off. Remember to save changes. More information in the Talk Back! Forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Over wintering

Discussion in 'Cypripedium' started by SEMO-Cypr, Nov 10, 2018.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Nov 10, 2018 #1

SEMO-Cypr

SEMO-Cypr

SEMO-Cypr

I have about 10, 2year seedlings of Pubescens and Kentuckiense that I have potted up and have gone dormant. Pubescens about 4 weeks ago and Kentuckiense just this week with a few outside still green!

My question is should I bag and put the entire pot into my beer fridge or should I remove the plant from the medium, clean/sanitize and store that way? And if I clean/sanitize before I put them in the fridge what is the best method?

Right now I have 4 plants of each in 2 separate a 8”x15” plastic containers and a few more of each in 4” pots outside.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you advance.

2. Nov 10, 2018 #2

SEMO-Cypr

SEMO-Cypr

SEMO-Cypr

3. Nov 10, 2018 #3

monocotman

monocotman

monocotman

Cyps do not like being repotted. I would put the entire pot into the fridge for the winter of you can,
    David