Our New Website is up!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Fischer

www.orchidweb.com
Reaction score
We've finally launched our new website. There are many updates etc.. that still have to go up, but for now enjoy!

Try it out, navigate, see how you like it. Feel free to post feedback.

www.orchidweb.com.

Best wishes,

Jason

Wow! That is a huge upgrade from the old site.

As for feedback...
I am getting an error message when I click the "What's new" link.
On the homepage, you call it "Orchid of the Day", and everywhere else on the site "Plant of the Day"
Neofinetia section needs to be pushed to the top of the category list. Those are the most important orchids you sell, so they should be featured more prominently. :)
I wish you had more Advanced search features, like searching for miniatures, fragrant orchids, easy growers etc.

PHRAG said:
Wow! That is a huge upgrade from the old site.

As for feedback...
I am getting an error message when I click the "What's new" link.
On the homepage, you call it "Orchid of the Day", and everywhere else on the site "Plant of the Day"
Neofinetia section needs to be pushed to the top of the category list. Those are the most important orchids you sell, so they should be featured more prominently. :)
I wish you had more Advanced search features, like searching for miniatures, fragrant orchids, easy growers etc.

Working on it! The nice thing about this website is now, finally, we have major control over the administrative section and can program a lot more than before. I do think it is time to make a section for minature and fragrant plants. I also agree that neofinetia and moniliforme need to be pushed up to the top, and I'm also going to add a paph and phrag species section to the site. This is just the first day, so we've got a lot to look forward to in the very near future. Thanks for all your feedback!

-Jason

On the Orchid Listings page, I think the links on the left hand side of the page need to be alphabetized. It would make things easier to find.

Except for the previously mentioned Neofinetia category, which needs to be at the top above "All Orchids." Glad to see you think the same way Jason.

PHRAG said:
On the Orchid Listings page, I think the links on the left hand side of the page need to be alphabetized. It would make things easier to find.

Except for the previously mentioned Neofinetia category, which needs to be at the top above "All Orchids." Glad to see you think the same way Jason.

Nice, I hadn't even noticed that part yet (this is the good thing about feedback from another web designer!), I will definitely be fixing that!

Yeah, but critiques could easily go over the line and become annoying.

By the way, Acacallis is spelled wrong. And you are showing a picture of Amesiella monticola in the listing for Amesiella philippinensis. :)

Jason, I just placed an order and found the site easy to look around. I had trouble deleting a product but I finally just started over. It probably was me, but glad I got it second time around.

Thanks, I'm making a list of notes to repair.

John, go build your own damn site :p Seriously, that's good to know, I can fix those little typos. After putting in thousands of plants, there's bound to be some typos etc. I think we listed that Amesiella before the taxonomists changed the species again... I remember there being a lot of debate going on when we listed that plant.

I guess the order of plants under the All Orchids section corresponds with the category order in our admin pages. I'd still like to see it in alphabetical order, with neofinetia on top of course :). We'll see what happens.

I'm starting to like the new site more and more... been working with it all day now!

Your new website is awesome, so easy to look up items. There is a chance that I might be able to attend the Chicago show. Would I be able to pre-order and, if so, by what date do I need to do it?

Carol said:
Your new website is awesome, so easy to look up items. There is a chance that I might be able to attend the Chicago show. Would I be able to pre-order and, if so, by what date do I need to do it?

We take pre-orders up to 2 days before the show, just let us know. The only thing we can't bring are large bags of bark etc. as they take up too much cargo space in the van. This year, my father and Robert will be attending the event.

Thanks,

Jason

Great website and very easy to get around. I just placed an order for a phal. stuartiana nobilis & neo. gekkeikan :D I seriously need to find a way to may some more room for more plants

I just tried updated my wish list cause I had to take one of that I purchased from your website this past weekend :) and this is what I got:

Class SavedCart Error=DataAccessException:CSavedCartAccess::LoadCart Exception: DataAccessException:CSavedCartAccess::LoadCartItems Exception: DataAccessException:CSavedCartItemAccess::LoadCartItems Exception: DataAccessException:CSavedCartAttributes::Get_Saved_Attributes Exception: Cast from type 'DBNull' to type 'Long' is not valid.

I cleared my cache, cookies and restarted my browser and received the same message when I tried to log on and access my wish list. I also can't add anything to it.

I also receive "Error Message" when I click view "detail" or "track an order" under "view order status and history"

My tech specs are : Windows XP, Firefox 2.0.0.1

Latest posts

Back