Our Mini Vacation to Tahoe

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Our family took a 3 day mini vacation this last weekend to South Lake Tahoe. We saw smoke from the fire from across the lake, but that was about it. We had a great time and thought I'd show some photos of the scenery and my kids.

Here's some landscape shots...
Tahoe1.jpg

Tahoe2.jpg

Here's me watching my two kids to make sure they don't drown or bash their skulls in on the rocks.

Tahoe3.jpg

Here's our dashund Romeo, myself, my daughter Jordan who starts high school next week and my son Jared who similarly, starts middle school next week. My hubby is taking the photo.
Tahoe4.jpg

We had a great time but 3 of us(me included) brought back some sort of intestinal plague:> I'll be resting up today.

Oh, and I'm throwing in a photo taken of me before we left for Tahoe. No make-up and had been packing and cleaning all day, so 'scuse the bad hair. Romeo had just full on licked me on the mouth.
Candy&Romeo.jpg

Thanks everyone.

How was your watching the midgets going to stop them from bashing their heads on the rocks!?

Oh, it wouldn't stop them. Mainly I watch, holding my breath in anticipation for the trip to the hospital. Yelling out an occasional, "Be careful!" makes me at least feel better. The boy is the most dangerous one, of course.

Looks like a great mini vacation!! I agree it is nice to have a face with the name. For some reason, I pictured you older. Enjoy those kids...they grow too fast!! My youngest is entering her last year in Middle School.

Sorry to disappoint you, Blake. No girls gone wild photos. Just boring old scenery and family pics.:snore:

Thanks Ron and Dot! I feel older this year. I think your first child going into high school is a reality check.

I was holding my breath but since no-one commented on the dog, I guess I will. We have a mini Dachshund "Willie" that's an integral part of the family routine. I've had other dogs but this one's hard to beat as a family dog. And I'm a cat man ...

Great pics of Tahoe. We live right around the corner & seldom seem to get there. Gotta set my priorities stratight ...

Aw, you guys are so sweet...

Romeo is by far our favorite and smartest dog. He puts up with the rest of the family, but really is my dog. He picked his favorite on day one and never leaves my side. It's kind of comical. My hubby calls him my " extra appendage".

We weren't planning on adopting a dog but I saw him at a small animal rescue adoption day. He was starving, weighed 9 lbs. and he's now 18. He and his sister were dumped off on the side of the road. Sister was adopted through the SPCA and his "time" was short so the small animal rescue took him in. He was unneutered and not housebroken at 1-2 years old. So, who knows what his life was like. I've had him for 1 1/2 years and we've really had to work hard with him. He used to be very animal aggressive and I couldn't trust him around strangers as he would nip them if they got near me. Now he plays with other dogs and does fine with people.

Latest posts

Back