Our cat died

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sasquatch was such a beautiful kitty. He loved to be brushed and petted. He was very communicative and like to be around people. He normally stayed indoors, but occasionally was let outside to run around.

Recently due to some unhappy changes at home he wasn't receiving the attention he deserved and went missing for a few days.

He was found lying on his side in the yard this afternoon, dead. Don't know how he got out, how long he had been out, or how he died. No injuries to speak of; he was just lying there, in the open, stiff and cold. He would have been 11 this year.

I am so sorry, little buddy. You didn't deserve to go like this. You will be missed so much.

These photos were taken March 13th.

5e099f0e31b694186615a8b3da0739c8.jpgedd15dccb30009e1714004b145cc70ec.jpg

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Saying goodbye can be such a difficult thing to do.

It breaks my heart as well. Our cats lived to be 17 years old and losing all
three within a year was devastating. Cats, in particular this one, are such
gorgeous creatures. I'm so sorry.

It breaks my heart as well. Our cats lived to be 17 years old and losing all
three within a year was devastating. Cats, in particular this one, are such
gorgeous creatures. I'm so sorry.
Thank you. I can't imagine what you went through. It would have been one thing if he had been sick or very old. I would have at least kind of expected it. But he went before his time. And I feel very much responsible. He didn't deserve this.

I'm very sorry.

Does your neighbor use toxic mouse/rat poisoning?

My cat passed away recently via chronic kidney disease, too. Cats are amazing at hiding their pain. One of my previous cats behaved somewhat normally until two days before the final day (she had cancer). One day, it couldn't walk straight, and she went down real quick after that. So your cat could have had something, too, so you shouldn't blame yourself. I hope that you'll get over and cherish the good time you had with him!

It probably sounds unfeeling, but get another kitten quick at a shelter. A kitten
is such fun and so much trouble that you sort of forget the pain of the loss...also you get to give a needy shelter cat a good home.

I'm very sorry.

Does your neighbor use toxic mouse/rat poisoning?

My cat passed away recently via chronic kidney disease, too. Cats are amazing at hiding their pain. One of my previous cats behaved somewhat normally until two days before the final day (she had cancer). One day, it couldn't walk straight, and she went down real quick after that. So your cat could have had something, too, so you shouldn't blame yourself. I hope that you'll get over and cherish the good time you had with him!
this really has helped me too feel better. thank you so much.

It probably sounds unfeeling, but get another kitten quick at a shelter. A kitten
is such fun and so much trouble that you sort of forget the pain of the loss...also you get to give a needy shelter cat a good home.
i can't do that right now but i understand your meaning. but i want to take some time to grieve and accept it. we haven't even buried him yet.

I am so sorry to hear this. Our pets are really part of our families so it hurts terribly when they pass. The circumstances you describe make it worse with added guilt. I send you a huge hug. When you are ready, please get another kitty to love....or two. More furry bodies are always better. :)

I had a somewhat similar story when I was still a teenager....my beloved grey cat, Fritz, went missing for almost a week. We lived on a farm so she was free to go out if she wanted but NEVER stayed away more then an hour or so. I spotted her one day dragging herself up our front walkway. When I ran out and picked her up she died in my arms. I was devastated and guilt ridden because I felt I wasn’t there for her when she needed me most. Like your cat she had no visible injuries. I never found out why but slowly came to terms with it. So it will get easier. Cherish the good memories you have with Sasquatch. At least you know he did come home and not just missing.

CambriaWhat - I'm so sorry for your loss. Like Eric said I would recommend getting another pet to love when you feel well enough.

I just read this thread. I'm sad for you, CambriaWhat. I know this situation is more than difficult. But as has been said, your little friend had a good life and a happy home. That speaks volumes.

Latest posts

Back