Ounami Seiki

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TADD

Rootless Wonder
Reaction score
Bought this from Andy's few years ago as Ounami Sekai, I have since gotten a few other varieties of ounami sekai, and feel this isn't the actual variety that was sold to me. Ounami Sekai has a bit more of a curved ocean wave type leaves. This plant is mounted on a Cypress knee.

I'd have to agree with you about it not being Oonamiseikai which has longer, usually somewhat wavier and definitely more downswept leaves. Also, Oonamiseikai has a very definite ocean wave tsuke (the line which demarcates the point of attachment between the leaf and the central stem).

This, however, is still a very nice plant. You've grown and bloomed it well! :D

Last edited:
I think your plant is mislabeled. It looks like a Neofinetia falcata to me. Usually Andy is pretty good about correctly IDs but this one must have slipped through somehow.

I remember my Oonami Seikai has upward facing flowers instead of forward facing ones :)

But your plant is very well grown! :)

These flowers do have a touch of pink on them. I fixed this label from a few New World Purchases that had it spelled the way I did, I will fix it back to the origianl with Andy. Even if it isn't a Oonamiseikai

I fixed this label from a few New World Purchases that had it spelled the way I did, I will fix it back to the origianl with Andy. Even if it isn't a Oonamiseikai

No worries on the spelling since there is no truly standard "correct" way to romanize Kanji. Ounamiseikai or Oonamiseikai is just fine...

Latest posts

Back