ORSV on C. Lawless Walkiire ‘The Ultimate

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deb, the meristematic tissue of a Cattleya grows and if it is growing fairly quickly some of the most recent tissue can be out ahead of virus growth and be clean. So, some mericlones from virus-infected plants may be able to be clean. In the article, she tried to grow the plant in optimal conditions and only take the most recent tip of tissue for cloning.

South Park
See post above. I was able to get a clean replacement mericlone. Waldor had it. Dave said the original is virused, when I asked for a division (I don’t think he has the original but not clear on that).

Nice to hear! Maybe their original plant was cloned ----- and were all originally 'clean'. And somehow the original developed a virus, while the 'backups' remain clean and didn't catch the virus. Or the plant which your previous one came from was a clone too (which was divided, and the division came to you), while there existed in their collection other clones. And one of those other clones have now come to you.

Latest posts

Back