Organic fertilizers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE....Today I mixed my normal fertilizer application of Neptunes Organic Fish and Seaweed liquid plant food. Before I mixed the fert, I tested the ppm of the water coming out of the hose and it read 224ppm. I think that it is about 20ppm more than the last time I tested the water, but it may be because it came out of the hose and not the faucet, I really don't know. I then mixed a cap full and a half (maybe 2 tablespoons) and mixed that with one gallon of water. I then poured an equal amount of fertilizer water into a cup and tested the ppm of that. It read 299ppm. So adding that amount of fertilizer to the water only added 75ppm more dissolved solids. I was a bit worried at first and was waiting for it to read like 700 or 800 ppm like Candace said, but I think since it stayed so low, I will keep using it in the summers. I feel it has always worked well for me so...keep doing what works, right.....

-Josh

Latest posts

Back