Oregon Orchid Society Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
I just got back from the Oregon Orchid Society Show and Sale held in Portland OR this weekend. The show was very nice. 6 AOS awards were given. Here are some pics of the event, starting with a shot of the OOS display. (I am not a member of the OOS, but of the Northwest Orchid Society in Seattle. The OOS did win the AOS Show Trophy and my society won the Orchid Digest Show Trophy)

Oregon Orchid Society Display

Paph Memoria Albert Eickhoff 'Wallula'
(stonei 'Maybrook' x kolopakingii)
Plant owned by Mark and Joan of Orchidaceae, Inc.

PEOY to the right & Xanthophyllum to the left (Xanthophyllum is mine)

Paph Sander's Pride x Paph Susan Booth
Grown by a member of NWOS, but bought from Orchidaceae, Inc.

Phrag Nitidissimum 'Rayser' (sp) AM/AOS
In the Orchidaceae, Inc display (naturally) :)

Paph Mt Toro
In the Orchidaceae Inc display. This one was nominated
for an AOS award, but not awarded. Too bad too as it was
REAL nice.

OK, I just previewed this post. I swear I don't work for Orchidaceae or
anything like that. I didn't realize how many shots of their Paphs/Phrags
I got. I've got more to post, but it's getting late and I need to go to bed.
I'll post more tomorrow. And yes, there are some more of their plants, but I'm sure I got other people's plants too........(I hope) LOL!

Craig

Last edited:
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing........it's good sometimes to live vicariously through others.

;-)

OK.....here are the rest of the pics I took that are worth showing. The post will be long. Not sure if this thread should be moved to photographs though.....:confused:

Phrag Intis Tears
Awarded an AM/AOS at this show
(You guessed it.....Mark and Joan's plant)

Paph micranthum

Paph armeniacum
All 3 flowers coming out of the same pot

Paph William Ambler
(roth x wilhelminae)
you can see the back of a lowii too (I didn't take a pic of the lowii)

Paph (armeniacum x moquetteanum) on left Paph Mem Larry Heuer on right

From left to right: Side view of a small roth, a hiding exul, (Robert Ward x mastersianum), and far right (Supersuk x Cesar Delgado)

Paph Snowbird 'Robin' AM/AOS

Oops....just had to edit because of too many pics.

One more post of pics after this one.

Craig

And the rest of the pics I have:

Paph (primulinum x Yosemite Moon)

Paph urbanianum
Once again from Orchidaceae Inc.

Paph Hawaii Wings
(hennaisianum x mastersianum)

Paph (Crow Creek 'Chris Seattle' x Orion 'Starfield')

Group shot. From left to right: sukhakulii hybrid (I didn't get the cross), next top Paph Margaret Crandell (vanguard x moquetteanum), just below it armeniacum, acmodontum, and far right near bottom corner is primulinum var purpuresence(whew!)

Paph Jeweled Tapestry (hirsitissimum x acomdontum)

Well, that's all the pictures I got that were worth posting. Too bad I
didn't get a picture of my Paph S. Gratrix which won Best First Bloom Seedling
in the show. :(

I hope you all enjoy the pics. If I could figure out a way to post them without you having to click on them for bigger images I would.

Craig

Craig,

While the Mount Toro was well bloomed and attractive, it was not award quality. The flower tended toward the Paph stonei parent, and was quite well grown. The inflorescences only carried 3 flowers, whereas the recent awards had 4 to 5 flowers. The flowers were smaller than awarded plants with a smaller dorsal sepal width and shorter petals.

It was a plant I certainly would like to own, but not up to the modern standards. By the way, this cross has 54 awards, so there was a big volume of statistical information to compare it to.

That's nice to know. I thought I saw you guys looking it over at your table. When I saw it at first glance I thought it was stonei. I also thought the inflorences seemed short, but not being familiar with Mount Toro all I could really say was that it was very nice. I sure liked the way the overall plant looked in the display. I should have taken a picture of the whole thing, but didn't. I'm not surpsied that it got nominated as the whole plant was really an impressive display. I too wouldn't mind claiming it as my own.

Back