Orchis graminifolia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently it is called Ponerorchis now. Anyway, i grow it without a problem in a peat-moss heavy mix. However, I keep it barely moist and it seems to appreciate that. I hear rot is an issue with this species. Most people tend to grow it in mixes that are fairly light on organics.

I heard that too, about the rot.

This was growing just like my Mexi - in a small bark mix in a short bonsai pot....which greatly intrigued me. Come to think of it, there could have been some peat in there. I was thinking at the time it looked like a mix of small bark and broken down bark. It was very cute.

How about Habenaria radiata? Anyone grow that in a similar way?

(I know I know, I've gone off the deep end...no worries, just answer and forget it was I who asked....)

Heather said:
I heard that too, about the rot.

This was growing just like my Mexi - in a small bark mix in a short bonsai pot....which greatly intrigued me. Come to think of it, there could have been some peat in there. I was thinking at the time it looked like a mix of small bark and broken down bark. It was very cute.

How about Habenaria radiata? Anyone grow that in a similar way?

(I know I know, I've gone off the deep end...no worries, just answer and forget it was I who asked....)

Mine were going strong in moist African violet mix until I put it outside and pythium destroyed them. I managed to salvage the tubers and they are chilling right now. Maybe it'll work?

Back