Orchiflora Hardy Orchids plants for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean by suspicious? Please let me know.

1. Brand new to the forum and offering up loads of plants for sale.

2. No website.

3. No way to confirm the legitimacy of your business.

4. Questionable understanding of CITES regulations despite exclusive sales of plants that fall under the greatest regulation.

5. Someone mentioned a spam link (note- someone who is one of the most respected users on the forum.)

6. You are posting on a site geared toward retail customers but expect minimum orders that would essentially be in excess of 1,000 Euros.

7. Your listing demonstrates a lack of understanding of proper grammar when referring to species versus hybrids.

8. And now just above me- you say if I buy 25 plants you will plant an orchid in the wilderness. If I buy 50 will you save a kitten?

People are going to react negatively to your thread because you are assuming we are stupid.

Thank you, Valenzino! Their breeding is amazing! It appears that Albiflora can export with proper documentation! Hmmm, but first I should work on growing easier Cyps better....

Yes,and doing it for many years and are a net of lovers and profesionals in nothern france/belgium...
Crazy that the base company produces Lobsters and systems for lobsters farming!!!!Name is Crustacare and Albiflora is a division of Crustacare..

http://www.crustacare.be/

i had one bad experience with them...but i think is a good company...

1. Brand new to the forum and offering up loads of plants for sale.

2. No website.

3. No way to confirm the legitimacy of your business.

4. Questionable understanding of CITES regulations despite exclusive sales of plants that fall under the greatest regulation.

5. Someone mentioned a spam link (note- someone who is one of the most respected users on the forum.)

6. You are posting on a site geared toward retail customers but expect minimum orders that would essentially be in excess of 1,000 Euros.

7. Your listing demonstrates a lack of understanding of proper grammar when referring to species versus hybrids.

8. And now just above me- you say if I buy 25 plants you will plant an orchid in the wilderness. If I buy 50 will you save a kitten?

People are going to react negatively to your thread because you are assuming we are stupid.

Wow I wasn't expecting all of this, but here there are my answers:
1. I have access to a large catalog of plants, If you want to know all my plants providers I can send a private message

2. I am building a website for my nursery

3. My nursery is new and is not an official buisness yet

4. I've read all the normatives about cypripedium.

5. I never posted any links on this forum

6. The minimum quantity was supposed only for group shopping.

7. The nomenclature with capital letter etc. is a problem of the software I was using, if the nmes themselves are wrong at that point that's my fault

8. I see that trying to save the Cypripedium calceolus is not appreciated as it should

Also I don't assume you are stupid, unfortunately people prefer to buy from the well known nurseries and obiously mistrust the new nurseries.

Thank you for your considered reply.

To be a bit more considered myself- those of us who have been growing a long time (in my case 35 years) have had our share of encounters with vendors who were selling illegally obtained or mislabeled plants, or in some cases taking the money and running.

The rarer orchids, and even more-so with Paphs in recent decades due to CITES regulations, are very prone to unsavory activities.

This does not make you dishonest- I frankly have no idea or basis to make that judgment (which is the inherent difficulty).

But I can tell you that your approach here sounded off a lot of warning bells to me and others. And this being the internet, and with no other history to go from on your business, I think you will find people make those judgments out of a very realistic desire to protect themselves and their community of fellow growers.

In order to sell these kinds of plants successfully, you really will need to have a website up and running, a nursery that is a formed business (hobbyists sell some too of course, but tend to be well known by their buyers- that personal knowledge substituting for the credential of a registered nursery), and have your nomenclature down perfectly. All of these things will be scrutinized closely by the kinds of customers who are not only going to buy these plants, but also become repeat buyers.

This is the more civil version of what I posted above- but the message is the same. If you are legitimate, then I do wish you the best- that is certainly an incredibly good list you have posted.

Thank you for the reply. The reason why plants are so cheap is that I want prevent people taking them from the wild. I loved this genus for my entire life, and I still think is the orchid genus that we know less about. I remember in my childood I lived next to a forest that was full of calceolus, then one day, at the place of the plants I found only empty holes. This is the reason why I want to replant them in the wild. I am getting specialized in in-vitro culture.

You probably have a good intention of helping C. calecolous, but is your stock originated from the same region where you intend to release? Have you considered the impact of introducing the genes which are adapted to a different local environment (especially for the wide spread species)? This species is not endangered, so the damage due to the release by an amateur isn't a catastrophe, but you might want to study a little bit about conservation genetics or consult a professional.

You'll gain more trust if you are not hiding behind anonymity (especially as a vendor).

The place where I want to re-introduce plants is not in the country I am selling plants from (England) It is a forest in Italy in a regional park where these orchids where present, obiously I asked for the autorhisation and they said it's fine.
I don't want to hide behind anonymity if someone ask me the story of my life who I am I can tell tell them my story.

Latest posts

Back