orchidtn on ebay!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

IdahoOrchid

So far I have to say that this guy has been extremely fair and helpful to me. I have gotten 5 plants from him in recent weeks: sanderianum (9"), St Swithin (2-0-3 with two spikes forming), PEOY, Michael Koopowitz and lowii 'Princehouse' x sib (in high spike). The jury is still out on the autenticity of these but his dealings have been quite nice so far and the plants have all arrived in as good or better condition than described. On the PEOY he asked if I could wait a week so he could pick a nice one for me from a new shipment. I got a 0-1-2 instead of a 0-1-1!!!:clap:

Watch for the Swithin and lowii pics in the next few weeks!

I got a Paph. Taiwan from him (formerly known as Lady Isabel, but with the stonei being the "latifolium") It was advertised as Lady Isabel, but the parentage w/ stonei latifolium was noted, so I knew exactly what I was getting.

The plant arrived and was well packed, and absolutely HUGE and healthy. I'm very happy, and can't wait until it blooms!

I got a Master Philip from him last year....very large and impressive. Some of his ID's are vague, but his plants are great, and overall, he's an Ebay guy worth bidding on. Take care, Eric

lothianjavert said:
...It was advertised as Lady Isabel, but the parentage w/ stonei latifolium was noted...

i've always felt a little funny about that vendor and i think that's why.

likespaphs said:
i've always felt a little funny about that vendor and i think that's why.
I think that vendors are just as likely to have mislabeled plants shipped to them as a customer.

I actually had that happen to me recently from a VERY well regarded and awarded seller: Orchids of Los Osos. But he responded immediately by researching, identifying and compensating me for my trouble. This, even though it was a "free" plant that he sent to me.

The key, I think, is how they handle the problem if it ever arrises.

The tag in the plant is labeled Lady Isabel. It's not his tag, but a generic tag type that you see on a lot of imported plants. It does however under Lady Isabel say stonei v. latifolium. Up until a couple years ago, it was still a Lady Isabel. (considering how big the plant is, it was a Lady Isabel when it was made) I have a lot of plants that still use the older name forms. (i.e. none of my cattleya aurantiacas are labeled as guaranthe.)

And yes, anyone can end up with a mislabeled plant. It's happened w/ great vendors-- they import or purchase the plants, not yet blooming size, and sell them. 3 years later when it blooms... ooops, they find out that they've sold them under the wrong name-- they had no idea. Not intentional at all. Many I know have offered refunds.

Latest posts

Back