orchids of Edipsos....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biothanasis

Hello all,

During easter vacation at my parent's hometown, I went for orchid photoshooting and I found these....

Anacamptis italica
italica.jpg

Anacamptis papilionaea
papilio2.jpg

Ophrys mammosa
mammosa.jpg

Ophrys sicula
sicula.jpg

Ophrys bombiliflora
bombiliflora.jpg

Serapias lingua
serling.jpg

Serapias vomeracea
servomer.jpg

(continues...)

Last edited by a moderator:
more....

Ophrys oestrifera group
oestriferas11.jpg

oestriferas10.jpg

oestriferas9.jpg

oestriferas8.jpg

oestriferas7.jpg

oestriferas6.jpg

oestriferas5.jpg

oestriferas4.jpg

oestriferas3.jpg

oestriferas2.jpg

oestriferas1.jpg

oestriferas.jpg

and the best one from this group......an alba form...
oestralba.jpg

and a view of their habitat...:D
P4250015.jpg

One of the best picture thread I've seen. These ophrys are stunning flowers. And you have the chance to see them in their habitat. You are so lucky. Thanks for showing. It made my day.

:clap::clap: :smitten::smitten: :drool::drool:
The markings on the ophrys are somethin' else! I'm envious! Thanks for sharing!

Om..., :drool: What a beautiful selection of ophrys (and others) you found and pictured in an excellent way, Bravo Thanasis!!!! Jean

The alba is awesome!!!!

Those ophrys are wonderful and have me contemplating the challenge of growing them here...

Hello all, I am so glad you like them as I do...!!! :D And every time I see them in nature I have the same excitement... But I am also excited when seeing the aussie terrestrials...:drool: :D

tenman, I think they are fairly easy to grow...!! But there must be caution on how you water and how much as the leaves are kind of succeptible to rot... Also the key is to let them dry and out of extreme heat during summer.... That is all I know. Good luck... :D

very nice! by the way, what's that funky bug on the Anacamptis italica? it looks like a cross between a bumble bee and a japanese beetle :confused:

the habitat picture looks like any grown up pasture/farmland around here. I wonder what would prevent them from naturalizing here? (besides the deer eating them :eek:

Latest posts

Back