orchids of Edipsos....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your comments everyone!!! :)

Charles I guess geographical restriction is the reason. Otherwise they would spread to Asia too... As far as the beetle is concerned, I have no idea what it is but they seem to be very lazy bugs, landing on flowers and getting "drunk" with pollen...hehe... here are another two pictures...

P4230148.jpg

bug1.jpg

Stunning photo's and thanks for sharing.

I espescially like all the shots from the Ophrys's. Is this just a single habitat close to your parents home or are they actually very common in the whole of greece?

Thank you!!! :)

Mark, all the shots I posted are from two areas near my parent's house (3-5km). Some Ophrys, like O. mammosa and O. oestrifera are very common all over Greece. Also in most parts you can find many Serapias, Himantoglossum (Barlia) robertianum and Anacamptis morio. Other genera and species are more local/regional and less in numbers. I have realised that some species have greater numbers in south parts of greece and others at the north parts...
(did I answer to your question? :eek:)

Thank you!!! :)

Mark, all the shots I posted are from two areas near my parent's house (3-5km). Some Ophrys, like O. mammosa and O. oestrifera are very common all over Greece. Also in most parts you can find many Serapias, Himantoglossum (Barlia) robertianum and Anacamptis morio. Other genera and species are more local/regional and less in numbers. I have realised that some species have greater numbers in south parts of greece and others at the north parts...
(did I answer to your question? :eek:)

Yep :D

Latest posts

Back